If you underwent a hernia mesh repair or received a hernia mesh implant and subsequently experienced debilitating complications, you may be eligible to file a lawsuit against the company that made the mesh.
These hernia mesh lawsuits are being brought by the patient who suffered an injury or complication because of mesh failure and filing them against the mesh manufacturers. Alleging the implant device was defectively designed, or the manufacturer failed to warn patients of known and foreseeable risks.
At the Ochs Law Firm, our team of dangerous medical device lawyers take on these hernia mesh lawsuits and represent victims who have endured an injury.
What is a Hernia Mesh?
Hernia mesh is a specific mesh medical device built to support and hold organs in place after surgery. Typically, hernia mesh falls into three categories: composite, biologic, and synthetic.
What You Need to Know About Hernia Mesh Lawsuits
It is important to understand that a hernia mesh is a foreign object inserted into the body during surgery. Consequently, if the mesh is not manufactured or designed correctly, the body can reject the mesh, resulting in devastating health complications.
Recently,numerous lawsuitsfiled by dangerous medical device lawyers have argued that hernia mesh products have not been effectively designed. Additionally, court documents have also shown that manufacturers of hernia mesh devices have been promoting and marketing their products for unnecessary use, including the repair of hernias that can be treated through laparoscopic surgery.
Hernia Mesh Injuries
Hernia meshcomplicationscan include everything from bowel obstruction to adhesion, rejection, infection, and even migration. Worse yet, is that many times these complications result from a defective hernia mesh device and can also result in:
- Recurrence of the hernia
- Erosion of the mesh
- Shrinkage of the mesh
- Hardening of the mesh
- Folding of the mesh
- The mesh failing to adhere
- Extrusion of the mesh device
- Liver injuries
- Organ perforation
- Chronic wounds that remain open
- Abnormal tissue connections resulting from the injury or infection
- Nerve damage
- Fluid build-up at the surgery site
Compensation for Defective Hernia Mesh Injuries
If you have been injured because of a defective hernia mesh, you may be entitled to certain damages, including:
- Past, present, and future medical bills that result from injuries related to the hernia mesh. These expenses can include treatments for perforations, obstructions, infections, revision surgeries, and prescription medications
- Past, present, and future lost wages
- Loss of capacity to earn money
- Pain and suffering that resulted from the injury and recovery
When you contact the dangerous medical device attorneys at the Ochs Law Firm, we can determine whether you have a viable hernia mesh claim. We can also go over all of your expenses and damages and figure out what compensation you can pursue.
Contact the Ochs Law Firm and Get the Legal Help You Need
If you or a loved one has been injured because of a defective hernia mesh, do not wait any longer. Contact the Ochs Law Firm today and let our experienced dangerous medical device lawyers provide you the legal help you need, including:
- Researching every detail of your case
- Coming up with a plan of action for litigation
- Providing you the professional advice you need and the legal options you can pursue
- Standing by your side through the whole legal process until justice is served
Our firm wants to hear your story. Get your free consultation today and get your most pressing questions and concerns answered.